Equally adept at calming people and taming servers?
Help us shape the next 25 years
In 1987, our founder took his first step toward serving clients throughout southeastern Michigan. The principles of uncompromising quality and service first have fueled our success.
Tech Experts is a progressive professional technology services company (managed service provider) serving small and medium businesses with a focus on small business, healthcare and professional services clients. We are headquartered in Monroe, Michigan. Our focus is to provide on-site and remote IT support along with a full complement of technology services.
Our ability to execute and get the job done right the first time separates us from our competition.
Why this job is important?
As a field service technician, you are the face and voice of Tech Experts and are most often the first point of contact when our clients need or want help. In cooperation with the services team, you are responsible for the management of client networks and resolution of technology problems. Your pride in a job well done is a key to our success.
What will you be doing?
Our environment is fast-paced and the work is varied. Some of the things we are responsible for in managing client systems include: remote and onsite problem resolution, new system deployments, server migrations, peripheral installations, email and website hosting setup and maintenance, cabling installation and troubleshooting, etc.
The easiest way to think of it is like this: if it involves IT support in a small company, we usually have some involvement in it.
Why you’d want this job
Great team, great clients!
Our clients are friendly, small and medium-size companies located in southeastern Michigan and northwest Ohio. We serve clients as far south as Perrysburg, Ohio, as far north as Troy, Michigan, and west to near Ann Arbor. We are a team you will be proud to join! In this position, you’ll find:
- Opportunities to make a difference, feel needed and immediately rewarded for your contributions
- Interesting work in a growth field of the future
- Steady and stable work
- Professional clients
- A great group of people working in a real team atmosphere
- Opportunities to play a key role as the firm continues its rapid growth and profitability
What real world experience or skills are required for this job?
- Strong background in verbal and telephone communication skills
- Ability to write concise time records explaining what you did and how you did it
- Great with people – warm, friendly, and helpful in person and on the phone
- High energy, enjoy being busy, coordinating multiple tasks
- Enjoy and take pride in excellent service
- Strong sense of urgency and getting things done
- Strong drive to succeed in a team environment
- Comfortable in a small business environment of seven people
- Ability to find work to be done in periods of downtime
- Ability to develop/follow standard processes and complete documentation as needed
What IT and technical experience or skills are required for this job?
- Basic networking skills
- Basic firewall familiarity
- WiFi and Network Security
- Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Windows desktop deployment, including support, maintenance, ghosting, and general troubleshooting
- Microsoft server operating systems / Active Directory
- Anti-virus software configuration, installation, and deployment
- Microsoft SQL Server – nice to have, not required
- Microsoft Exchange – nice to have, not required
- IMPORTANT: Logical troubleshooting skills
- Willing to work occasionally and/or be on call overtime, holidays, and weekends
- Must have transportation to visit client sites. Car, valid driver’s license, and auto insurance required
- IMPORTANT: If you have a DUI or a poor driving record, it will significantly impact your ability to drive company vehicles.
What else you should know
If you are a loner, prefer to do things “your way,” are unable or unwilling to follow company best practices, procedures, and processes, this is not the job for you. We do not use “geek speak” with our clients.
We utilize various technologies and applications in our day to day support functions. You should be experienced with a ticketing system (we use ConnectWise) and comfortable in an environment that requires 100% tracking of your time. Familiarity with a remote management system will also be useful.
Finally, we’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to dive into a new technology and learn all of its ins and outs. A degree is awesome, but we’re more interested in hearing about your experience supporting Microsoft-focused networks in a small or medium business environment. We want to hear about your past challenges, successes, and lessons learned!
Competitive salary. Paid holidays. Paid time off. 401k with company match. Training stipend.
How to apply?
Make your talents known today! This is an “immediate” opening! We are swamped and need to onboard someone immediately.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com that includes:
- A cover letter that tells us:
Why you feel you are right for this job;
Why you enjoy the IT field; and,
Something you are passionate about outside of IT.
- A copy of your most recent resume
- A range of your salary requirements.