Located in Monroe, MI, Tech Experts is a well-established (nearly 30 years) IT service provider that primarily focuses on the computer, network and technical support needs of small to medium-sized businesses in many industries. We offer technology solutions that include consulting, strategic planning, network implementation, and cloud services, but our specialty is our managed service and on-site support offering. Regardless of the engagement, our goal is always to efficiently and effectively manage our client’s IT environments while delivering predictable, business oriented results.
THAT’S LOVELY. . . BUT WHAT’S THE JOB?
What we’re looking for, right now, is a mid-level help desk technician who is experienced in the IT needs of small and mid-sized companies. We love support technicians who are jacks of all trades and equally as comfortable helping a user with a printer problem as they are installing a new server.
While our specialty is our managed plans and on-site service, we need some help in-house to help with in-coming remote work, as well as managing our Labtech tickets.
You’d be working with our clients doing things like:
- Troubleshooting a variety of situations and specialist software
- Adding and removing users
- Configuring email accounts
- Interfacing with line of business application providers
- All of the other things you’d expect to do to keep a small business’ network and computer systems up and running flawlessly
We’re working more and more with clients on security issues, so you’ll be helping enforce our existing security policies and assist with configurations.
SO WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to dive into a new technology and learn all of its ins and outs. A degree is awesome, but we’re more interested in hearing about your experience supporting Microsoft-focused networks in a small or medium business environment. We want to hear about your past challenges, successes, and lessons learned!
We utilize various technologies and applications in our day to day support functions. You should be experienced with a ticketing system (we use ConnectWise) and comfortable in an environment that requires 100% tracking of your time. Familiarity with a remote management system (we use LabTech) will also be useful.
This shouldn’t be your first rodeo. You should have several years of experience in the technical support arena. Problem solving and empathetic communication with non-technical end users should be second nature to you. We avoid geek speak at all costs. We manage a fair number of clients, and our ticket volume is high.
You should be adept at working on several items simultaneously, have minimal issues with switching from task to task, and handle client expectations like a pro.
Above all, you’re going to learn a lot; that has to be something you want in a job. We’ll support you in your career! We really want a team that has a passion for learning and improvement throughout their careers, and we’re going to expect that passion from whomever we hire.
NICE TO HAVES…
Any specialized experience you have in a vertical area (such as healthcare, insurance offices, legal practices) is helpful. Experience with configuration and maintenance of UTM firewalls is important. You should, obviously, be familiar with Microsoft Office, virus removals, backup applications, and the other types of software and hardware you’d find in a small business.
WHAT ABOUT THOSE NOT-TECHNICAL, BUT EQUALLY IMPORTANT SKILLS?
We’re looking for folks with:
- A passion for learning and experimenting with new technologies
- Experience working in a team-based environment
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- A good grasp of spelling and grammar
- Empathy and understanding for non-technical folks who are having a hard time with their technology
- And, last but not least, a sense of humor. It just makes you more fun to work with.
PHEW. THAT WAS A LOT. ANYTHING ELSE?
Yes. We only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Tech Experts is a group effort and you must be capable of working collaboratively with creative, technical, and project management types. Everyone at Tech Experts shares a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere.
ARE THERE ANY PERKS?
Yes, we love perks.
- Competitive pay. Paid time off. Paid holidays.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance.
- 401(k) with generous company match.
- Cell phone reimbursement.
- Free food. We stock our kitchen with free healthy snack foods and occasionally not so healthy snacks.
- Unfettered access to the world famous “Tech Experts Sandwich Shop.” Technically, it’s not world famous, and it’s not a sandwich shop, but we do provide all of the things you’ll need for lunch: Cold cuts, breads, chips, potato salad, pickles, etc.
- Occasionally we’ll have a hot lunch brought in as well.
INTERESTED? GREAT! HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
Your resume and a cover letter that highlights three reasons you think you’d be a good fit. Writing clear, concise ticket updates is something you’ll do all day, so we weigh cover letters heavily. You can respond by email to this ad (our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org). You should receive an auto-reply confirming that we’ve received your application. Please check your SPAM filter for updates as we review your submission.