High CPU usage is a common problem faced by many Windows users. Quite often, just after purchasing a brand-new PC and using it for some time, we find that it fails to run even the most common of tasks, and the reason for this problem in many cases is high CPU usage.The good news is, as far-fetched as it may sound. You can deal with issues of high CPU usage entirely on your own, provided you have the right guidance and tools. Some of these tips to achieve this are mentioned in this article:
- Check the CPU Usage – You should develop a habit of keeping a check on the amount of RAM and CPU resources your programs are eating up. Certain process, such as –
- The msmpeng.exe, which is the Windows defender antispyware service
- The ipssvc.exe, which is the service for the VPN client
- The ekrn.exe, which is the process for ESET NOD32 antivirus kernel
are known to use up a lot of CPU resources.If possible, you should disable/uninstall these programs, and look for alternatives that do not take up such a large amount of CPU resources. To do this, you can post your query on the technical forums, or even make a general search. Whatever you do, though, make sure that you download the software only from a trusted source. Also to make sure that the software you uninstall, gets uninstalled completely, you may use a reliable program uninstaller tool.
- Update device drivers – Just like the rest of the software programs installed on your computer, the drivers also need to be regularly updated and maintained. We often tend to forget all about the drivers once they are installed, but we should realize that there are obvious advantages of doing this, including a perceptible rise in system speed, as well as a reduction in frequent errors related to driver issues.To do this, you may get a good third-party driver-update tool, which will keep a check on any updates found on the internet, and will also install the updated drivers automatically. At most, you would have to do a system restart, so that the new drivers become operational immediately.
- Clean your registry with a registry cleaner tool – The registry is the most important component of a Windows system, and it houses a master database that stores settings for nearly every type of program or process imaginable. However, the registry deteriorates over time, and this leads to all types of problems, from generic system errors to specific DLL errors.The main problem is that since the registry works in the background, most of the time, we hardly ever pay any attention to its health. Also, the registry has a complex structure and most non technical users—and even some expert users—usually tend to ignore it.However, ignorance is not always bliss… If you fail to clean the registry, you can be sure to have it non-functional pretty quickly. Why go through all this trouble, when you can easily get rid of most registry problems simply by investing in a good-quality registry cleaner. This useful tool will scan the registry for any problems, and will fix and optimize it for better performance within minutes.
It is really very easy to deal with most of the problems with Windows systems, especially when you have the right tools. We urge you to go ahead and try out the tips listed here to have a high performance and error free PC.